Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Lion King

This is the first of the four shows that I went to see while I was in London.

Since we all know the story of THE LION KING and chances are that we have seen at least one production of it, I will not bore you with the plot or the staging or anything like that. It was a great show, and I liked it, but there were a few things that I didn't like.

- The actor that played Simba spoke with a thick African accent. I think that that was where he was from. But still, with his age and talent (he would have had to have some, because he is on WEST END), you would think that he would know how to cover that up.

- The music was so loud, that when Young Simba and Young Nala were singing, you could hardly even hear them

- Young Simba and Young Nala spoke with the British accents. While it is understandable because they are just children, it still ruined the feeling a little bit for me.

- Young Nala, for the performance that I saw, was an Indian girl. She was light indian, not dark indian. And we're talking about from India, and not like Native America. But she still was fairly good.


I know those are just picky things,, but for the most part, I loved the show. I got to see one of my favorite songs from the show "The Morning Report", and I couldn't be happier.



Up next.... Playhouse Disney Live! on Tour

No comments: