Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A little bit sad...

I want to blog about something right now that has me somewhat sad. Ok, not really, but I guess you could say disappointed. That is about my favorite Figure Skater in the world, Evan Lysacek. He has withdrawn from the 2008 World Figure Skating Championships in Sweden due to an injury in his arm, elbow, and shoulder. Thankfully, though, it is not that serious and he has gone home to continue training.

How did he get these injuries? He was working on his triple axel during rehearsal, and he fell due to a broken blade. The blade came completely off, apparently. I am starting to get worried about him a little bit that his career as a Figure Skater is slowly coming to an end. Maybe it will last for a few more competitive seasons or after the 2010 Winter Olympics, but who knows??? I have a feeling that it will at least last until the 2010 Olympics. Why am I worried and why do I think this? Well, now for the past 3 seasons in a row, he has withdrawn from at least one event due to an injury. In the 2005 – 2006 season, he withdrew from the Grand Prix final due to bursitis and tendonitis in his hip. In the 2006 – 2007 season, he withdrew from the Grand Prix final for a second time due to a hip injury. And now, in the 2008 – 2009 season, he has withdrawn from the World Championships due to the arm, elbow, and shoulder injury.

In tribute to Evan Lysacek and the great sport of Figure Skating, in a future blog, I am going to blog about some of my top favorite figure skaters and why I like them.

1 comment:

Matthew Paessler said...

Thank you for your comment! Christmas can be a very hectic time. Sorry about your figure skater, that seems like such a scary sport to me (more so than all the others which are pretty horrifying). I love your blog, keep it up!