Sunday, February 17, 2008

One of my favorites...

Right now, I am watching one of my favorite movies, Gidget goes to Rome. I guess you could say that I am a sucker for old movies. I just love them. The Gidget movies are really great, and there are tons of other great ones too. But right now, I thought I'd blog about one of my other favorites. Broadway, and more specifically, some of my favorite Broadway actors.


Barrett Foa


Oh man. Where do you begin about this guy? He is absolutely talented, and I just really love him. He's been in some of my favorite broadway musicals like The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and Avenue Q.



Richard H. Blake



Absolutely one of my most favorite Actors of all time (along with Christian Borle, of course). He has done tons and tons of shows, so many so, that I cannot keep track. Currently, he is starring as Warner Huntington III in Legally Blonde the Musical. He also originated the role of Glen Gulia in the broadway musical The Wedding Singer. It's hard to believe that this is the same guy who used to be in the Babysitter's Club. That's when I first fell in love with him.


Christian Borle





Another very talented Broadway actor. Like RHB, he's done tons of shows too. The things that I remember him most for are Jimmy Smith in Thoroughly Modern Millie and Historian/Prince Herbert in Monty Python's Spamalot. You may have also seen him on TV in an Ebay Commercial, which is HILARIOUS. In fact, I'm going to post a video of it here on my blog so that you can see it.Here's the link, because I had a little trouble posting the video on here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=iiLdP-itBzc



Jared Gertner





One of the nicest and most talented guys you could ever meet. He made his Broadway debut in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee as William Barfee. He actually used to be my old camp counselor. He is getting Barrett Foa to autograph a playbill for me (and he is going to too), and is also sending me one signed by the entire closing night cast. This just goes to show that you should always keep in touch with your old counselors. How did I get so lucky?

Sutton Foster




Only a picture is needed for this theater BOMBSHELL!!!

Blake Daniel


In his Broadway debut as Ernst in Spring Awakening, but I can already tell that he is destined to do great things.


Blake Bashoff


Another Spring Awakening Blake. This one plays Moritz in the show. He is amazing, but he has also done the TV show Lost. Do you remember him?

Laura Bell Bundy

Currently playing Elle Woods in Legally Blonde the Musical on Broadway. She is crazy talented, and she also originated the role of Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray on Broadway.

No comments: